Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

S3 8v Puddle Light Install

dgow02

Reactions
City
Washington
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3 Prestige
I was wondering if anyone has installed puddle lights recently and would be able to post somewhat of a how to guide. After watching a brief YouTube video that said I would have to do some coding I was wondering if there was an easier way to install them?

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
there is no coding. its just a plug under each door. unplug and plug in the new one. to remove look for the side that has a open tab and use a wide flat head screw driver or plastic pry tool.

OP
D

dgow02

Reactions
City
Washington
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #3
there is no coding. its just a plug under each door. unplug and plug in the new one. to remove look for the side that has a open tab and use a wide flat head screw driver or plastic pry tool.
With my s3 there is no puddle lights stock. There is an indentation in the plastic where the light would be but there is no light installed.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
the indent would need to be cut out. i belive there is still a cable back there. open the door card first to see if there are.