Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Audi S3 Resonator Delete

Reactions
City
Mississauga
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Audi S3
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2019 Audi S3 and I'm loving it! The ONLY thing I wish that was different, was that it sounded a little louder - very quiet.

I'm looking at having a resonator delete done on my car, but my main concern is maintaining the extended warranty I purchased. I know that Audi offered a resonator delete from the factory for the 2015-2018 models, but not for mine.

Today I went to my local Audi dealership and spoke to someone at the parts department. He told me the OEM resonator delete for the previous models were discontinued because it wasn't selling well and assured me that there's no concern with doing it to my car. Even recommended me to an exhaust shop close by that they trust who would do it. However, when I tried to press him on concerns with the warranty, he couldn't guarantee that my warranty would be fine. He said the only situation I'd have a warranty problem would be if I had engine problems and Audi could prove that it had something to do with a change in the back pressure from the exhaust modification.

I'm really torn here. It's such a simple mod that I know won't cause any actual issues, but I don't want to void the warranty.

Has anyone here done the resonator delete and had to have the car serviced for warranty issues? Have dealerships given you guys a hard time about it, or was it not a problem?

Thanks for the insight.